Effective: February 1, 2020
1 - Introduction
Welcome to Juphy, Inc. (“Juphy”, "we", "us" and "our"). Juphy provides software and services that unify your social media accounts, email, and other customer communication channels in one platform, helping teammates work better together to provide better customer support on public channels. The “Websites” means Juphy’s websites (including without limitation www.juphy.com, app.juphy.com and any successor URLS, mobile or localized versions and related domains and subdomains), and the “Services” means Juphy’s products, applications and services, in each case in whatever format they may be offered now or in the future. As you use the Services, we collect and process information from and about you in order to provide you with access to the Services, enhance your experience while using the Service, and communicate with you.
A separate agreement (the “Customer Agreement”) may be in place between your organization and Juphy that governs delivery, access and use of the Service by users who are authorized by your organization to use its instance of the Service (such Customer-specific instance of the Service is referred to herein as the “Customer Workspace”). The entity who enters into the Customer Agreement with Juphy controls the Customer Workspace used by its authorized users and may set certain rules related to your utilization of the Service, including limitations regarding which third party applications you can connect to via the Service. If you have questions about your organization’s specific Service settings and practices you should contact them directly.
3 - Personal Data We Collect
Account Registration Data That You Provide To Us
When you register for a Juphy account you are required to provide certain personal information (the “Personal Data”), such as your name, and email address, and telephone number, as well as other information that you voluntarily choose to add to your account profile, like a profile photo. If you choose to register for an account utilizing your credentials from a third-party service (such as Google or Microsoft), then your name and email address will be provided to us as permitted by your profile settings within that third party services. If you are registering for a paid account you will also be required to provide payment information, such as payment card details (collected by our payment service provider), and Single Sign On (SSO) SAML 2.0 credentials. We will inform you, when requesting your Personal Data, if certain data must be provided or if it is optional. We will also inform you of the consequences should you not wish to provide this data. We also collect the information that you may choose to submit to our customer support team, for example regarding a question you have or a problem you are experiencing with our Services. This may include your contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing and any other documentation or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue (which, at your option, may include Personal Data).
Automatically Collected Data
Data From Other Services You Link To Your Account
We receive information about you when you or your administrator integrate or link a third-party service with our Services (a “Third Party Service”). For example, if you create an account or log into our Services using your Google or Microsoft credentials, we receive your name and email address as permitted by your Google or Microsoft profile settings in order to authenticate you.
Data from Business Partners
If you purchase our Services through a reseller or other Juphy business partner (a “Business Partner”), that Business Partner may provide certain information to us, such as your name, email address, company information, and financial information related to the Services you purchase.
4. How We Use Your Personal Data.
We collect Personal Data for the following purposes:
To Provide The Services And Manage Your Access To And Use Of The Services
We use information about you to provide the Services to you, including to register you for the Services, process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, and operate and maintain the Services.
To Communicate With You About The Services And Provide You With Customer Support
We use your contact information to communicate with you about the Services, respond to your customer support questions and requests, and to provide you notices regarding the Services (including notices about your account, product update announcements, security alerts, administrative notifications and the like).
In connection with providing you with customer support, we may also use the information we automatically collect and information that you provide to us and consent for us to view and utilize as part of a support request so that we can respond to your request, analyze information related to your support request, and to repair or improve the Services.
We may also provide you with tailored communications that are based on your interactions with the Services. For example, certain actions you take may trigger a third-party app suggestion or we may communicate with you as you begin using the Services to assist you as you learn to be proficient in your use of the Services.
These communications are fundamental to the Services and in most cases you cannot opt out of them. If an opt out is available, you will find information about how to opt out in the communication itself or in your account settings.
For Research And Development to Improve our Service
So that we can continually improve the functionality of our Services, we utilize our collective learnings about the way users interact with and use the Services, as well as feedback provided directly to us, to troubleshoot issues, fix bugs, enhance functionality, and identify areas for integration and improvement of the Services.
To Market And Promote Our Services
We use your contact information and information about how you use the Services to communicate directly with you, including by sending you newsletters, promotions or information about current and future products and services. You may opt out of receiving such communications at any time by (i) clicking the unsubscribe link included in all the emails you receive or (ii) contacting us as indicated in Section 11 below (“Contact”).
For Safety And Security
We use information about you and the way in which you use the Services to verify and authenticate accounts and activity, monitor for suspicious or fraudulent activity and identify violations of our Services policies.
To Protect Our Legitimate Business Interests And Legal Rights
Where required by law, or where we think it is necessary to protect our legal rights and interests or the legal rights and interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance and regulatory functions. If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfill your request, we will keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing. As used above, “legitimate interests” means our interests in conducting our business and managing and delivering the best Services to you. We will not use your Personal Data for activities where the impact on you overrides our interests, unless we have your consent or those activities are otherwise required or permitted by law.
With Your Consent
We use Personal Data about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, with your permission we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories on our Websites to promote the Services, including names and profile photo of representatives of our customers alongside the testimonial. While providing our Services, we may collect on behalf of our customers information related to our customers’ employees, business partners and other individuals. Our use of such information on behalf of our customers is governed by our Customer Agreement with that customer and the customer’s own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or privacy practices of customers or other third parties.
5 - How We Share Your Personal Data
In order to provide you with the Service and operate our business effectively, we may need to share your Personal Data with certain third parties and service providers. This section explains when and why we share your information.
Sharing With Third Party Service Providers for Business Purposes
We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers for business purposes (as we have done for the preceding 12 months). This Personal Data may include personal identifiers (such as your name and email address), and internet or other electronic network activity information (such as your IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, carrier and/or manufacturer, device identifiers, and mobile advertising identifiers), and location data. We disclose these categories of Personal Data to service providers who assist us in fulfilling the following business purposes:
- Maintaining and delivering the Service (including hosting, back-up and other IT service providers, billing and payment processing services),
- Providing you with customer service,
- Detecting and preventing fraud,
- Analyzing and improving the Service (including via website analytics and data science service providers)
These third-party service providers are provided only with the Personal Data that is necessary to perform the services we have hired them to provide.
For Legal Purposes to Protect Juphy and the Service
We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation or lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Juphy, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
In Connection With a Sale or Merger
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
With Your Consent
We may share Personal Data about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, with your permission we may publish and display testimonials or featured customer stories on our Websites, including names and profile photo of representatives of our customers alongside the testimonial.
6 – Data Retention
Juphy generally retains your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your Personal Data during the time you have an account to use our Websites or Services, or as agreed in our subscription agreements, and for a reasonable period of time thereafter. We also may retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to establish proof of a right or a contract, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, in accordance with the law.
Your credit card information is stored no longer than the time necessary to allow the fulfillment of the transaction, except in the case of a subscription, to facilitate the payment of regular customers. In that case, credit card information is stored for the whole duration of your subscription and at least until the date at which you carry out your last transaction. Such storage is implemented by our secured payment service provider Stripe. By subscribing to our Services, you agree to this storage. Data relating to the visual cryptogram or CVV2 on the back of your credit card is not stored. In the case of a payment by credit card, however, data relating to the credit card may be stored as intermediary archives for evidence purpose in the case of possible disputes regarding the transaction, for the duration provided by article L.133–24 of the French Monetary and Financial Code (i.e. 13 months from the debit date). This duration may be extended to 15 months, to take into account the possible use of delayed debit card.
- YouTube DATA API Usage Disclosure
YouTube doesn’t allow storing comments which are public data even if it is from an authorized account. You can store all types of authorized and unauthorized data only for 30 calendar days.
API Clients may store authorization tokens for as long as is necessary provided that those tokens are used only for purposes consistent with the specific consent granted by an active user according to the applicable law.
API Clients may store the following types of Authorized Data for as long as is necessary provided that the data is used for purposes consistent with the specific consent granted by an active user according to the applicable laws:
7 - European Union (EU) Individuals
This section applies if you are an individual in the EU (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and, to the extent applicable, Switzerland).
Juphy is the data controller for processing of your Personal Data. We act as a data processor (or service provider) in relation to the Services we provide to our Customers. Our establishment in the EU is Netherlands, hence we are GDPR compliant.
Subject to EU data protection law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right Of Access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right To Rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right To Erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data, such as where you withdraw your consent. If we shared your data with others, we will alert them to the need for erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly.
- Right To Restrict Processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right To Data Portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you where we process that Personal Data in an automated way. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right To Object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data -- unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; or
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing (you can always object using the unsubscribe link in our marketing communications).
- Right To Withdraw Consent: If you have consented to our use of your Personal Data for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place.
- Right To Make A Complaint With The Data Protection Authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
Required Information Regarding Personal Information We Collect and Share
- Personal Information We Collect: Contact information such as your real name, email address, Internet Protocol address, online identifier, or unique personal identifier.
- Source: You (either directly or through a Third Party Service), collected automatically by the Service, Business Partners, and service providers.
- Personal Information We Collect: Records of products or services purchased
- Source: You (either directly or through a Third Party Service), collected automatically by the Service, business partners, and service providers.
- Personal Information We Collect: Payment information
- Source: You (either directly or through a Third Party Service), Business Partners and service providers.
- Personal Information We Collect: Device data, identity data
- Source: You, (either directly or through a Third Party Service) Collected automatically by the Service, and service providers.
Internet or Network Information
- Personal Information We Collect: Browsing history, search history, information on your interactions with our website, application, or advertisement.
- Source: You, (either directly or through a Third Party Service), collected automatically by the Service, and service providers.
- Personal Information We Collect: Physical location data from your mobile device or computer.
- Source: You, (either directly or through a Third Party Service), collected automatically by the Service, and service providers.
Inferences drawn from other personal information
- Personal Information We Collect: Profile reflecting your intended or potential use of our service, preferences, characteristics, trends, predispositions, attitude, abilities and aptitudes.
- Source: You, (either directly or through a Third Party Service), collected automatically by the Service, Business Partners and service providers.
Professional or Employment Information
- Personal Information We Collect: Current job information such as title and name of company you work for.
- Source: You, (either directly or through a Third Party Service), collected automatically by the Service, Business Partners and service providers
- Personal Information We Collect: Profile photo
We describe the sources from which we collect this information in the section above titled “Personal Data We Collect.” We describe the business and commercial purposes for which we collect this information in the sections above titled “How We Use Your Personal Data” And “How We Share Your Personal Data.”
9 – Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website, mobile app or use an online platform. Cookies and similar technologies are widely used by online service providers to facilitate and help to make the interaction between users and websites, mobile apps and online platforms faster and easier, as well as to provide reporting information. For more information about cookies and their impact on you and your browsing visit www.aboutcookies.org
We use first-party and third party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Websites and/or App and/or platform to operate, and we refer to these as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Websites and/or App and/or platform. Third parties serve cookies through our Websites and/or App and/or platform for analytics and to help us deliver ads, measure the performance of those ads, and make them more relevant to you. This is described in more detail below.
Our Websites Cookies
Essential website cookies:
Purpose: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Websites and to use some of its features.
How to refuse: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Websites and the Services to you, you cannot refuse them.
Analytics and customization cookies:
- Purpose: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites are being used or how effective are marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Websites for you.
- Google Analytics
- How to refuse: To refuse these cookies, please follow the instructions below under the heading "Managing Cookies” Alternatively, please click on the relevant opt-out link below:
- Purpose: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Google Double Click and AdWords
- Facebook Pixel
- Google AdWords
- How to refuse: To refuse these cookies, please follow the instructions below under the heading "Managing cookies" Alternatively, please click on the relevant opt-out link below:
Most internet browsers allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies (or just third-party cookies), or warn you before a cookie is stored on your device. Please note, if you choose to block all cookies, our Services will not function as intended and you will not be able to use or access many of the features of the Services we provide. If you have blocked all cookies and wish to make full use of the features and Services we offer, you will need to enable your cookies. You can do this in your browser. Rather than blocking all cookies, you can choose to only block third-party cookies which will still allow our website to function as intended.
How We Respond to Do Not Track (DNT) Signals
Some internet browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features which, when enabled, causes your browser to send a do not track HTTP header file or “signal” to each site you visit. At present, the Services do not respond to this type of signal.
10 - Modifications
11 - Gmail API Usage Disclosure
Juphy, Inc.'s use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
12 - Contact
Have questions or concerns about Juphy and privacy? Contact us by email at [email protected]